Research tactile colorexperience
- Research internship
Researc the extent to which color and image information are understood and processed by feeling (instead of seeing).
Jofke van Loon is a visual artist and has developed the Taktila method®. Taktila® is a tactile color system that combines 15 colors with a structure to translate visual features into tangible. Blind and sight-seeing people who get into the structures of Taktila® can apply this to gain insight into the colorful visual world.
The Taktila® method depicts the visual means such as color learning, composite work and space perception in 15 folds by means of tactile illustrations. Providing the necessary theory, this method provides insight into all the visual aspects of our visual world and the visual arts.
Jofke is extremely pleased that Taktila® offers solutions for countless other social needs. It even appears that working with Taktila® the memory of colors returns to people who have not seen any colors for years. In addition, Taktila® provides practical assistance to communicate colors and, for example, depth perception in daily life.
Jofke is looking for someone who will do scientifically research how blind people form a sense/idea in color and image by tactile information. What about sensory imaging in the brain.
Are you the one who:
• will study the Taktila method®?
• researches existing studies on learning by means of Key goes out
• will approach schools for the blind and / or individuals for cooperation?
• will investigate and describe how the process of tactile image processing is taking place by visual disabled people?
• will write a report that we can hand over to interested organizations?
Are you enthusiastic about this project?
Please contact Jofke van Loon.
06- 195 40 135
Invitation Taktila® Symposium June 11, 2017 on facebook
Enthusiastic, curious, proactive, independent, and socially concerned.
- Application Procedure
An informal meeting at the studio of Jofke in Tilburg.
- Desired Academic Background
- Education, Social and behavioural sciences, Media, arts, culture and history, Language, literature and communication, Health and Life Sciences
- Preference for bachelor or master student:
- No preference
- to be determined
- As long as it takes
- does not apply
- Apply Before: