‘Project assistant international research & events organizer on environment and human rights for companies and banks’
- Regular internship
For a major international project, the VBDO is looking for a driven and analytical trainee with organizational talent. This project aims to encourage companies and banks (and other financial institutions) to take into account conservation of nature in the most important natural areas in the world (located in South East Asia, South America, Africa). In addition, you will organize round tables for companies about human rights, living wages and the Sustainable Development Goals. The activities include:
• Research on activities of international companies / multinationals and their impact on biodiversity and ecosystems;
• Investigating banks active in developing countries and their policies on sustainability;
• Providing content and practical support in organizing round tables and seminars on conservation of nature and human rights, both in the Netherlands and in developing countries;
• Supporting in developing trainings for NGOs about companies and banks, insurers and pension funds and their impact on sustainability.
What do we offer you?
• The opportunity to contribute to international projects that make business more sustainable;
Working in a small, dynamic team with an informal atmosphere;
• The opportunity to contact companies, financial institutions and NGOs and gain knowledge about sustainability in practice;
• Freedom to work independently, as part of a project team with good support;
• An internship fee of 400 euros per month based on a 4-day working week.
• You have affinity with sustainability and the mission of the VBDO;
• You are a university student (or doing a gap year), preferably in the field of sustainability and / or the financial sector;
• You are eager to learn, results-oriented, analytical and can work independently;
• You like to do research and analyze data;
• You have organizational talent an;
• You have a good (business) writing skills;
• You are fluent in (business) English both in writing and speaking; you are advanced in Dutch (fluent in Dutch is a pre); command of Spanish is a pre.
- Application Procedure
You could start in september for 3 months based on a 4-day working week (deviation possible in consultation). You will work from our office in Utrecht. During the internship there is room for study assignments. Send your motivation letter and CV to Vicky van Heck (email@example.com) before Friday, July 14. You could also contact Vicky with questions about the vacancy. For more information about the VBDO, please visit the VBDO website.
- Desired Academic Background
- No preference
- Preference for bachelor or master student:
- No preference
- 3 months
- 400 euros per month
- Apply Before: