Global HR Intern
- Regular internship
Description of Organisation:
COFRA Holding AG, founded in October 2001, is the holding company for a privately-owned group of companies located in Europe, North and Latin America and Asia. COFRA Holding is a family-owned and -managed group of companies mainly active in retail, real estate and private equity investment management. The COFRA Group companies have a 175-year tradition of acting sustainably in business and the shareholders have clear intentions that their companies should act as good corporate citizens and act responsibly in all the communities in which they operate.
Each of the Group businesses operates independently while upholding the mission and values that bind the COFRA Group together. Integrity and respect are important values within COFRA and in concert with entrepreneurship are the foundation for the historical and future development of our people and the organisation.
The Global HR team is looking for an outgoing, dynamic and highly motivated intern who is curious and eager to learn more about the Human Resource function within a international company in Amsterdam. The purpose of the role is to assist the Global HR team with the development, implementation and roll-out of HR policy and staffing solutions in line with our strategy.
The eager individual will be able to gain practical experience working in a diverse team of experienced HR professionals. The highly energetic team is committed to challenging the successful candidate’s skills and competencies through mentoring and on-the-job learning. More specifically, as an intern within the Global HR team you will contribute to the development and implementation of HR systems and processes.
You will be a full member of the Global HR team, providing the Global HR team with tactical and operational support. You will also be responsible for your own individual HR projects such as evaluation and improvement of our induction programme and rolling out the internship pilot to other countries.
• Assisting the Global Head of HR / Global HR Officer with the implementation of SuccessFactors, such as creating training documents and employee reference guides, hosting webinars, etc.
• Assisting the execution of the group vacancies project, evaluating uploaded data and optimising the process.
• Organising global HR records, such as personnel files, and keeping them up to date
• Using our network for the exchange of best practices and experiences in the field of HR
• Rolling out monthly vitality activities, e.g. yoga
• Participating in implementing policy changes regarding employment terms and conditions, working hours, absenteeism, health & safety at work, training, social media, etc.
• Supporting the Global HR Officer in maintaining and aligning organisational charts for all offices
• Reporting analysis of employee data using SuccessFactors
Additional individual assignments may include:
• Assisting in the roll-out of the Global HR Internship Programme
• Developing the Global HR Staff Manual
• Implementing and evaluating the global Employee Engagement Survey (360° feedback)
• Rolling out a global quarterly pulse survey
Key result areas / Deliverables:
• Ensuring all vacancies are up to date in the group vacancy tracker
• Keeping the Global HR Staff Manual up to date
• Reporting and analysis in SuccessFactors
• Implementing a global quarterly pulse survey
• Organising employee engagement events
• Maintaining employee dashboard and metrics
Under the supervision of the Global HR Officer, the intern will work both individually and in a diverse team. The intern is encouraged to think critically and put forward new ideas and will be responsible for his/her own individual HR projects.
The intern will be a full member of the Global HR team, providing the team with tactical and operational support.
The intern will use his/her unique and fresh knowledge to contribute to our organisation achieving its Strategy 2018.
• To be eligible for this internship, candidates must meet one of the following requirements:
- a graduate school programme (academic higher education - second university degree or equivalent)
- 3rd or final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum academic higher education / Bachelor’s level or equivalent)
-graduates will be considered on a case by case basis
• Available for a minimum of 6 months full-time. If you are able to intern part-time only, please indicate how many days per week you are available during the internship period
• Preferably have done an internship in a large corporation
• Fluent in English, written and spoken
Knowledge and experience:
• Global mindset and ability to work in a changing environment
• Solid understanding of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Good planning and organisation skills
• Superior customer service and problem-solving skills
• Ability to communicate in all levels of the organisation
• Team-oriented mindset and able to work autonomously
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Planning and organising: Determining goals and priorities effectively and stipulating the time, activities and resources required to achieve the goals set
• Client orientation: Investigating client wishes and needs and acting accordingly; anticipating client needs; giving high priority to service and client satisfaction
• Networking: Constructing relationships and networks that are useful in achieving objectives; making effective use of informal networks to get things done
• Organisational sensitivity: Recognising the effects and results of one's own decisions or activities on other parts of the organisation
• Teamwork: Contributing actively to a joint result or solution to a problem, even if it is not of immediate personal interest
• Behavioural flexibility: Modifying one's behaviour to reach a set goal when problems or opportunities arise
• Quality orientation: Setting high standards regarding the quality of products and services and acting accordingly
• Learning ability. Being able to understand and learn from previous experience and use the integrated knowledge in future work
• Creativity. Being able to come up with new ideas based on the existing resources in order to improve the current process
- Application Procedure
1. Resume Screening
2. Phone interview
3. Face to Face interview
- Desired Academic Background
- No preference
- Preference for bachelor or master student:
- No preference
- 6 months
- Apply Before: