Content Strategist (Internship) | Full-time | Kuala Lumpur
- Regular internship
UMAI is a software provider that helps restaurants to save time and increase revenues by automating manual tasks, minimize last minute cancellations, upsell customers more effectively and provide more personalized service.
The team has extensive experience in building internet companies and has been part of building some of the largest e-commerce ventures in the Asia Pacific Region. Founded by the former MD of Foodpanda.sg, the largest food delivery service in Singapore, and the founder of Lion & Lion, one of the largest digital marketing agencies in Malaysia.
This is not a formal corporate role. We are looking for someone who has a “hustle” attitude, who is results driven, who is comfortable with ambiguity, which is a self-starter and has a sense of humor.
- Design and produce content for our clients both as stand-alone assets or in tandem for larger executions (e.g., infographics, GIFs, photos, animations, video, illustrations, etc.).
- Work with Content Producer, Brand Strategy, and Social teams to direct projects on a conceptual level, manage process, and execute through design, photography or video.
- Conduct research for content as needed, which may include a variety of sources including interviewing expert sources.
- Develop and maintain an intimate knowledge of clients’ businesses.
- Collaborate with third-party vendors, as needed, to produce specialty content assets.
- Manage video, sound and camera equipment and stay up to date on latest equipment needs, as well as needed photo and editing software and tools that will be used in the field and at your desk.
- Shoots and manages all technical aspects of still content shoots, retouching, video, sound and editing aspects of assigned content productions.
- Optimize content considering SEO and Google Analytics
- Analyze web traffic metrics
- Share content through various channels, ensuring strong web presence
- Receive customer feedback and generate ideas to increase customer engagement
- Understand complex technical ideas and communicate them interactively and visually to varying audiences
- Understanding of web publishing requirements
- Strong attention to detail.
- Highly independent, self-starter, team player.
- Bachelor’s degree from a design- or media-related field, Marketing, Journalism or relevant field.
- Solid concept development related to digital communications and/or product design.
- Infographics for marketing communications and digital publishing.
- Responsive design and video experience are pluses.
- Deep understanding of layout, typography and design principles.
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and other video and animation technologies.
- Working knowledge of how to develop CSS-friendly design solutions.
- Excellent communication, writing and proofreading skills.
- Learn quickly and enjoy a fast-paced team environment.
- Hands on experience with SEO and web traffic metrics
- Expertise in social media platforms
- Project management skills and attention to detail
What we offer:
- A dynamic and highly motivated team with flat hierarchies
- Great working atmosphere in an international environment
- Challenging and diversified tasks with direct responsibility
- Opportunity to learn and work with some of the best entrepreneurs in the world. We give you insights to all relevant aspects of founding a company and the opportunity to build up a meaningful international network.
- Application Procedure
If you are interested in this position and would like to be part of the UMAI family apply at: http://umai.breezy.hr/p/9ae2d6ec89b2-content-strategist-internship
- Desired Academic Background
- No preference, Media, arts, culture and history, Language, literature and communication
- Preference for bachelor or master student:
- No preference
- to be determined
- Apply Before:
- Tim Jessen