Community Manager at travel startup Polarsteps
- Regular internship
We're a young and rapidly growing startup based in the center of Amsterdam. Our travel tracking app is the place to go to for travelers that want to plan, track, and remember their adventures. Simply download our app for iPhone or Android (it's free ?) to get a feel of what we're building.
We’re an enthusiastic, multi-faceted and international team of 6 with a passion for travel, design and code. We raised funding that allows us to scale up our startup to the next level and we’re looking for an intern to assist us with professionalizing our customer support, communications, and marketing activities. You'll be working closely with the rest of the team building a super sexy travel app that people genuinely love!
Together with our creative director you will be responsible for the implementation and optimisation of our communications, marketing, community management and customer support strategies. Your main responsibility will be the daily management of our customer support and social media channels , as well as a wide range of tasks related to our marketing and communication activities. The focus of your internship will be to help us acquire new users and keep existing users satisfied in the best possible way.
A taste of what you could be working on
- Daily management of incoming feedback through our support channels
- Conduct research on bugs and issues reported by users, and report them to our development team
- Developing creative community campaigns to increase engagement on the Polarsteps social channels (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter)
- Tracking social media for influencers, articles and conversations on topics relevant for Polarsteps and help developing a strategy for joining these conversations
- Support our marketing related activities
- Help testing new versions of our app
and much more…
Since we’re an early stage startup with a small team, you will get a lot of responsibility and can expect to be involved in a wide range of tasks.
You should be a bachelor's or master's student who loves travel, apps/tech and social media.
Additionally, here are some of the key attributes that should apply to you:
- Studying a subject relevant to the internship (Media Technology/Communications//Marketing)*
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- We're a tech company and though you will not be coding yourself it's a big plus if you're familiar with the basics of app and web development
- You're a clear communicator, quick learner, and enjoy developing simple solutions to complex problems.
- Hands on mentality
- You know your way around all major social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn) and have experience with and an interest in creating content for social media
- You are good with words and are able to tune-in to our audience’s questions, comments and replies, then respond in an appropriate style
- Preferably a former internship in communications, public relations, media or online marketing
- Team player, but also capable of working independently
- Available for a minimum period of 6 months full-time
*You must be a student during the internship (enrolled in a university/higher education institution)
Don’t worry if you don’t have bags of directly related experience, or you think you lack something from our list of requirements – this is an internship after all! What’s important is your drive and enthusiasm, an eagerness to learn and the ability to be flexible about what you will work on day-to-day.
- Application Procedure
Please check http://careers.polarsteps.com for more information about the vacancy and the application procedure.
- Desired Academic Background
- Social and behavioural sciences, Media, arts, culture and history, Language, literature and communication
- Preference for bachelor or master student:
- No preference
- to be determined
- 6 months
- 400 euro per month
- Apply Before: